About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Secrets of the Vine by Darlene Marie Wilinson Book Review

I read a very interesting point in a book today.  The book is called Secrets of the Vine by Darlene Marie Wilkinson.  Darlene uses the verses from John 15:1-2, 5, and 8 to illustrate God and Jesus relationship to us.  In that verse Jesus talks to his disciples about being the Vine and they are the branches.  The illustration used in the book was that those verses talk about three different people.

The first person is Jesus, as the Vine.  He is the main stem that grows out of the ground and supports the branches.  What I found interesting is that the vine doesn’t produce the fruit.  The branches do, which is us.  Then there is the Vinedresser, who lovingly takes care of each branch without fail or without leaving any behind.  That Vinedresser is God.

We, ladies, as Christians, are the branches.  It is up to us to produce more and more fruit.  That is the point of this book.  God wants us to create fruit in abundance, and that in return blesses us in abundance.  How do we create fruit?  We are creating fruit every time we do something nice for someone else and God gets the glory for it.

Darlene shares 3 secrets in this book, but I am not going to reveal them. You’ll have to buy the book and read it to find out.  But what I can reveal is that by reading this book, you will learn how to become closer to God, how to harvest more and more fruit and how much our Father in Heaven loves each and every one of us.

By reading this book you will walk away knowing how to abide with God and know that He tenderly and lovingly wants the best for us.  This book is definitely something I would recommend to someone else!

WaterBrook Multnomah Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book providing that I write a review in my honest opinion.  I was not persuaded to write this book review in any way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails