About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection Sunday

What a wonderful day!  A day to rejoice and praise the Lord!  He conquered death and lives today!  He is my Lord, Kind of Kings and Holy of Holies!

This morning I went to Sunday school and taught the kids in my class about Resurrection Sunday.  I took a picture of all of the kids in their Easter best along with the crosses that we made last week.  I think they turned out cute!

After Sunday school the kids and I went to church.  We sang some beautiful hymns to celebrate and saw a lot of friendly faces.  My husband joined us at church today, which he does for every Easter and other special celebrations.  Or if I am performing a song with the hand bell choir.  Which today was both.  I love it when he comes!  He even braved it alone today, because he knew that I had to teach Junior church and leave him during the sermon.  (He has social anxieties.)

For Junior church I told the same Resurrection story but I made it simpler for the younger kids to understand.  We drew pictures today for a friend that moved away to tell them that we miss them and love them.  It was the sweetest thing!

After I was home, I pretty much spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing.  I took a nap, visited with a friend and finished reading Assassins by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B Jenkins.  Book 6 of the Left Behind Series.  I am in love with these books!  I also picked out the book that I will start tonight and that is The Neverending Story by Michael Ende.

Do you remember that movie?  I loved watching the movie.  When I saw this book, I didn't know it existed, and I grabbed it up!  I couldn't walk past and not buy it!  I can hardly wait to read it!!  I hope it's better than the movie like books usually are.

What a glorious day!  Oh and I can't forget!  I hid eggs for the kids.  They love doing this yearly ritual.  I wanted to hide them outside, but it was raining everytime that I was awake or ready to do it.  I waited for a bit.

Tomorrow is Monday.  My favorite day of the week.  I am hoping that I can get a lot done.  I want to finish the Spring cleaning that I started. 

Have I said that it is so good to be back online?  I missed blogging so much!!  Now I can go back to trying to blog daily.  I like that goal.  Sometimes it is hard to reach, but it gives me a goal.

Before I leave, let me leave you with some Bible verses to think about:

And He strictly warned and commanded them to tell this to no one, saying "The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and the chief priest and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day."                           Luke 9:21-22

And another:
The Father sent The Son to be The Savior of the World.    1 John 4:14

And a good favorite:
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever shall believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life.                John 3:16

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails