About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's Good to be Back

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...    *note that is a sigh of extreme satisfaction*

I am so glad to finally have my internet service back!  I wonder if you've all forgotten about me...

I got my service back yesterday afternoon.  I was so excited!  The guy who came out to turn the DSL on was my hero of the day!

This morning I sit, sunshine streaming in my window, drinking my steaming mug of green tea with creamy clover honey and decided what better thing to do than blog.  I have missed blogging.  It was tough being away from Facebook and Blogger.  I don't know which was worse?  Seeing what others were up to, including my sister who lives all the way across the country from me, or telling others what I was up to.

Now you would think that without internet connection for over 2 mos. that I would have gotten a lot of work done.  Well, I didn't.  It just gave me more time to read!  We have even been pretty lax with school lately. 

I have lengthened my reading list considerable this year already.  I will have to compare to last year still, but I am happy with my progress.  I am currently reading Assassins by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins.  It is Book 6 of the Left Behind series they wrote.  My goal is to read all 12 this year so I am almost half way there!  I just love these books too.  I get so into the story that I sit and read for hours without realizing how much time has passed.

My oldest daughter just had her birthday on Wednesday.  She is now 8.  Where does the time go?  I can't believe she is that old already!  We had a nice little intimate party for her with a couple friends and her grandpa.  Nothing big and spectacular this year for birthdays.  She chose a Spring cake mix and frosting with Easter egg and flower sugar decorations.

My green van just broke down the other day.  On Wednesday to be exact.  We were at Walmart.  We were so lucky though because I was walking back inside trying to figure out who to call for help (my choices were very very limited) and out is walking one of my best friends at church.  She was my hero for the day!  She drove me home and I had to leave my van there.  We got it home a couple of nights ago and Greg thinks it's the fuel pump.  Just like in my white van, remember the episode on the pass that scared us all?  So for the moment, we are driving my FIL car until we can fix the green van.  It's just always something.  Non-stop.

We had a new cat find us.  Kyle wanted his very own pet, preferably a cat.  Lo and behold, what do I find outside skinnier than skinny and starving for affection?  A kitten.  About 5 mos old or so.  Maybe a little younger.  He looks a lot like our other female, Feisty.  We often get them mixed up if we don't look close enough.  Kyle dubbed this new cat, Jerry.  So we now have a Tom and Jerry.  I will be posting pictures as soon as I get them all of off my camera.

I'm looking forward to today because it is supposed to be warm today!  The warmest it's been since our very cold Summer last year!  Lord knows I am waiting for Him to bring me some sunshiney goodness!

Other plans for today include going Easter goody and egg shopping, dying eggs and doing laundry to have clean clothes for church in the morning.  We are performing a song for Easter.  We as in, the hand bell choir that I play in.  We aren't doing anything special for Easter.  Just staying home and enjoying the day together as a family after church.

Well for now, I am going to sign out.  I have a few things that I want to get done today and I would like to try to finish my book.  I have 122 pages left and if given the time to read it, I can finish that within 2 hours.  Don't know if I'll be given the time to do it though....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails