About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Never Ending Story by Michael Ende

The NeverEnding Story 

How many of you remember the movie The Neverending Story?  My sister and I used to watch this movie quite a bit.  It was one of my favorites.  I hadn't watched it in about 20 years, but I pulled it out the other night.

My yearning to watch the movie began when I picked up the book and started reading that.  Usually when I read a book that also has a movie, I like to read the book first, all of the way through and then watch the movie.  But this time, it had just been too long since I had seen the movie that I couldn't wait.

The book began very much like the movie.  Of course, there are a some differences like all books and movies.  I was enjoying the book.  Not even to the halfway mark though, the book was crawling into new territory.  And I mean crawling.

I think there is a reason why the movie only used part of the book!  The rest of the book went into this story that was just stranger and stranger.  I did not care too much for the rest of the book.  I was very glad to see that Atreyu and Falkor were in the story until the end though.  But I was disturbed that Artex never came back to life.  I always liked Artex.

I am going to keep the book for the kids to read.  You never know, they may enjoy the story better than I do.  And it will always work for a book to read for a book report!  If you'd like to check the book out on your own, click on the click from Amazon on the left.

I did this review because I wanted to.  The book is my own that I bought brand new at the bookstore.  It was not given to me to review.  The opinions are also my own!

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails