About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Fave #125





Welcome to another edition of Friday's Fave 5 hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.  I love doing these every week and actually look forward to it!

My Fave Five this week:

1.  Snuggling and cuddling my babies.  I love to hold them, smell them, touch them, kiss them, hug them, pat them, snuggle them, cuddle them, pet them, eskimo-kiss them, butterfly-kiss them, tickle them and nibble them.  This past week, while Kyle was sick, I got to do one of my favorite things that I miss so much.  I got to rock him to sleep.  Be still my heart.  I have missed that so much.  It's one of my favorite things to do with my babies.

2.  Getting books in the mail.  I love getting all of my books in the mail!  Whether they are to review or they are from paperbackswap.com I just get so excited!!  This week I received The Walk by Shaun Alexander.  I will start reading this one when I am done reading the one that I started last night.  It is one that I got from paperbackswap.com.  Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins.

(There are 3 things that should be in every house IMO: 1. Bible 2. Cats 3. Books)

3.  Watching my silly dramatic girl being silly and dramatic.  Stinky likes to dance, make up funny songs and jokes.  She is a silly funny girl that makes me giggle.  I don't know how she comes up with the stuff that she does, but she's hilarious! 

4.  Winning the ticket to HOTM Homeschool Conference!  I was so excited this morning to wake up and find an email from Marsha @ Other Such Happenings blog and find out that I won a ticket to attend the Heart of the Matter Conference on Feb. 21-23!  I wanted to attend this so badly, but I could not afford the $15 to buy a ticket!  Now I get to for free!!  I am so grateful to Marsha!

5.   The sunshine was out this week for a couple of days.  Around here, in the Evergreen State, we don't get a lot of sun during the winter.  It's mostly rain and gray skies.  The other day, if you stood directly in the sunshine, you could feel some warmth.  Just some.  My skin inhaled.  It was awesome.

11 comments:

Karyn said...

I enjoyed your list! Snuggling little ones and watching them have fun....wonderful blessings.

So glad you get to go to the HS conference! What a blessing. I hope you come away strengthened and encouraged in your own path of homeschooling.

ellen b said...

I really enjoyed our sunshine days this week too. It really has a way of cheering me up. Congrats on winning the ticket :o)
Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

It is so important, as homeschool moms, to get encouragement, education, and training in order to school how God leads us and to be able to stay the course. So awesome that you won a ticket to attend the conference.

Getting real mail is always a delight. And if that mail includes a book - JACKPOT!

As a side note: Last year I went through The Power of a Praying Woman 3 times (led or co-led) 3 groups. I learned a lot. This year I will be going through (as a participant) The Power of a Praying Parent.

Snuggling, and rocking little ones to sleep - I miss that too. I need some grandchildren so I can get that fix!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Snuggling thosse little ones is the BEST!

Congrats on winning the ticket. What a blessing that will be!

Have a great week ahead.

Danielle Leigh said...

Thank you for your comment Karyn. It is so nice to have that encouragement from the conference.

Danielle Leigh said...

Thanks Ellen! I hope that you have a great weekend also!

Danielle Leigh said...

fruitfulwords, I haven't read Power of a Praying Woman yet, I've read part of Praying Wife and finished Praying Parent. I'll have to read that one soon. Good luck on getting grandchildren!

Danielle Leigh said...

Laura, thanks so much for your comment. It will be such a blessing!

Susanne said...

Rocking babies to sleep is one of the most enjoyable simple pleasures of life.

Glimpses of sunshine warm me up too. I love when it streams in the kitchen patio doors. I'll just sit there and read in the warmth of it and your decribed it perfectly. The skin inhales.

Books in the mail makes my day anytime!

Danielle Leigh said...

There was no better way to describe it Susanne.

Willow said...

I loved those sunshine days, too, when I lived in Oregon. Going to the homeschool conference will be a great opportunity! Hurray for the free ticket! Keep on snuggling those little ones every day--soon they'll be grown up and away from home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails