About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bloggerview #2 - Brandy's Brood

Welcome to another edition of Bloggerview!  This week our lovely guest is Brandy over at Brandy's Brood!  I met Brandy on Twitter and we became fast friends.  So without further ado, here's Brandy!  And sorry this took me so long to post Brandy!


1. Tell us a little about yourself.

Hi! I'm Brandy. I'll be turning 30 this year ... and unlike a lot of my high school classmates, I'm NOT freaking about it. I met my husband online in a chat room when I was 18. He was in South Carolina, I was in Michigan. I hopped on a Greyhound when I was 20 to go meet him in person for the first time ... and 2wks later we were married {been married 8 1/2yrs now WooHoo!!}. 15 months later, our 1st daughter was born. She's 7 now and almost done with her 2nd grade homeschool year. Our youngest is 28mo, still nursing once a day, and sleeping in her own bed right next to ours. Being home with my girls is my ideal job, literally. Of course, there are days that Pepsi, a good movie or book, and some prayer is the only thing that gets me through, but still ... lol


2. What is the main purpose of your blog?

It's evolved ... even in the last couple of weeks. I used to mostly write about our family happenings or whatever came off the top of my head. But here lately, I'm wanting each post to have a point. To encourage or challenge or inspire in some way.


3. When you started your blog, what was your ideal goal for it?

Goal? You're supposed to have blogging GOALS??? Why didn't someone tell me?!?!

Ahem, sorry. Yeah, goals. Well ... to take a bit from my answer to question 2: to encourage, challenge, or inspire in some way. Intentional blogging.


4. What would your ideal day consist of?

Well, I would leisurely roll out of bed at the crack of 10, with a hot breakfast waiting for me ... thanks to my fantabulous cook ... and the house would be sparkling clean ... thanks to that maid of mine ... so I might go for a swim, or read a book, or go play with the girls, or ...

Wake up from my dream. Honestly, days like today are ideal. I'm being productive ... the girls are in great moods and getting along great ... things are moving along smoothly and without much bumps in the road {we'll just overlook that moment when our youngest shattered another bowl}. Right now, it would only be better if it was sunshiney and warmer so we could rock some capris and go play in the grass ;-)


5. What blogs do you read that inspire you?

Ann of A Holy Experience
Christin at Joyful Mothering
Laura at 10 Million Miles

Honestly, ANY of the 13 linked in my sidebar ... it's why they're there ;-)


6. Is there anything else that you would like to share? Maybe a testimony, funny story, photo or even a recipe?

I'm drawing a blank here right now, so I guess I'm done lol. Thanks, Danielle! This was fun! :-D

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails