About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Morning Devotion

My step-daughter got me a devotional for Christmas called Grace for the Moment Volume 1 by Max Lucado.  This morning my devotion was very good and I wanted to share it.  I know a lot of people that tend to a greenhouse full of weeds and thorns.

THE GREENHOUSE OF THE HEART
People harvest only what they plant. Galations 6:7

Think for a moment of your heart as a greenhouse....And your heart, like a greenhouse, has to be managed.
Consider for a moment your thoughts as seed.  Some thoughts become flowers.  Others become weeds.  Sow seeds of hope and enjoy optimism.  Sow seeds of doubt and expect insecurity....
The proof is everywhere you look.  Ever wonder why some people have the Teflon capacity to resist negativism and remain patient, optimistic, and forgiving?  Could it be that they have diligently sown seeds of goodness and are enjoying the harvest?
Ever wonder why others have such a sour outlook?  Such a gloomy attitude?  You would, too, if your heart were a greenhouse of weeds and thorns.
Just Like Jesus

Each day of devotions is a excerpt taken from one of Max Lucado's books.  

1 comment:

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

I have to say that I've had weeds growing lately but I'm pushing them out now. This is a great devotion to do in the morning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails