I did take this challenge and I found myself an accountability partner, April. April and I have never met in person, but we have known each other for a couple of years. She is a cleaning-blogging-praying-laughing-photo sharing-facebooking-crafty-beautiful friend and sister. I love you April!!Basic details:
Summer is upon us and most of us are as busy as ever and lacking in our devotion time. It's time to dive into the Word this summer and refresh our thirsty souls just as we would refresh our bodies with a cold glass of iced tea!
- Dates: Begins July 1st and ends August 31st.
- Spend at least 15 min. a day (or more!) in devotions with the Lord. Devotions can include; prayer, Bible reading and study, etc. (Do at least 5 minutes of Bible reading during this time!)
- Memorize at least 1 Bible verse a week - solo, with an accountability partner or with the children.
- Check into the group at least once a week to let us know how you are doing with devotions and scripture memorization, and to share prayer requests.
- Keep track of your time on your THL Summer Challenge Chart.
This last week I did my devotions every day and I kept track of the times. When you mail in your times at the end of the devotions, you get a surprise! I am doing that fer sure!! You may notice that each day I should spend at least 15 minutes doing this challenge. My minutes for this week were 216. That is not counting every single little prayer I said or including the Bible reading and studying done at church.
The unfortunate part of this week was that I was dealing with a serious accident in the family. My uncle was in a horrific motorcycle accident on June 12. His body fought and hung on to life for as long as he could. This last week were his final moments and an extremely emotional week for my family and I. With as much time as I spent with my Bible and in prayer, I could not focus my mind enough to memorize a verse. I did choose one though, I chose:
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirst and fills the hungry with good things. Psalm 107:8-9
So I will be working on that verse this week, and hopefully by next Thursday I will have it memorized! I am reading through a few different books and using them for my devotions. They are:
I also bought a new prayer journal, but I haven't had the time to actually sit down and write in it yet. It is such a pretty journal too!