About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Miss Wibbs & Molly Cole

Oh my it's been forever since I've blogged!  I have been so busy crocheting and filling orders!  I'll have to do a blog post about that soon. 

But that's not why I am here this morning.  This morning I have a special treat for my readers!  An interview with a new children's book author.  She also happens to be my aunt!  Go check out her Facebook page and "like" it for me, would ya?!  Also, check out her website to learn more about her and her book!

So before I say anymore and bore you all so that you're not still reading, I will turn the floor over to Molly Cole and her interview!

1. When did you know that you wanted to write?

I was really young. I loved making up little stories as far back as I can remember. When I was ten, and in fifth grade, was when the passion really started.

2. Tell us about your new book that is coming out.

The book is a children's book called, 'Miss Wibbs'. Miss Wibbs is an older dog that enjoys pushing cans all over her yard, and chasing them. One day she finds a little mouse (uninvited of course), in her favorite can. Marvin the mouse is stubborn, but Miss Wibbs is bigger, and more stubborn. After a battle of wills, a compromise takes seed, and a friendship is born. The book caters more to 3-7 year olds, teaching them compromise, sharing, kindness, and the value of friendship.

3. What inspires you?

People inspire me. Life inspires me. My kids and grandkids inspire me.

4. Many authors have a great support team. Do you have one and can you tell us what you love about them?

Fortunately, my support team is my family, friends, and other published/non-published authors. I love the fact that they're my best reviewers and critics. They are just as excited as I am, and all very encouraging.

5. Any advice for young writers out there looking to get started writing books?

My advise to other your writers, or even older writers, is WRITE! Every day, find time to write. Keep a notebook and pen with you, and when an idea grabs you, write it down. It's important to write what you know. There's no such thing as writer's block. You just have to keep writing.

Her book, Miss Wibbs, is scheduled to be released January 9 of 2012!!  How exciting!  I can't wait to get a copy to add to our homeschool library!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails