About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Winnie Book #1 Wild Thing Book Review

I just finished reading this book last night.  Winnie by Dandi Daley Mackall is a Christian horse fiction for young readers.  The character, Winnie Willis, is a 12 year old lover of horses.  She knows her stuff to! 

Cover: Wild Thing There was one disturbing part that I felt should have been kept out.  When Winnie takes a job answering questions about horses through email, she decides to open up to a customer called Hawk.  She tells this stranger more than I think she should at 12 years old.

Other than that part, the book was good.  I can't say excellent, I have read better horse books.  I like that there were Bible verses used in the book and references to how much God loves us. 

All in all, this is a book I will keep for my daughter to read.  We may even have to get the rest of the series!

Disclaimer: This book was given to me by Tyndale to read and review with my own honest opinion.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails