About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Reason I'm blessed #1

*NOTE: These blessings are not in a particular order.  I am counting blessings as I feel blessed by them, not in order of importance.*

Today at church was our annual Spaghetti Feed.  This was the first time that I was able to attend it.  I am glad that I did.  I have been blessed by my church so much.  Just being there warms my heart.  But my church is not really the blessing that I wanted to talk about tonight.  

I came home tonight, as I have other nights from church, feeling like I belong.  What a great feeling!  And it's even better to know that it is God's presence that creates that feeling.  I have made lots of friends at church.  Some closer relationships than others.  There are two people that stand out the most to me.  In this blog I want to talk about one of them.

Have you ever had one of those friends, as an adult, that you can be silly with?  I mean, really silly?  I think of how silly we get just when we are at church and wonder how silly we would get if we were together during the week.  It's fun to have a friendship like that.  It's relaxing also to know that you can be stupid and she won't care because she's busy being stupid herself!  

What makes a good friendship?  Honesty and trust are two things that I think are important in all relationships.  Being able to relax with each other is a must.  Relax in ways like I described before, to be silly.  Or to relax in each others presence.  To be comfortable with each other enough to just....relax.  I also think that a good friendship needs to be comforting.  Even if you don't get to talk about your problems, it's nice to know that if you did they would be heard with a sympathetic ear.  A friendship also needs love.  Without love, how can there be a friendship?  Those are called acquaintances.  

I am thankful to God for giving me a relationship that has all of these qualities.  I have been blessed to find someone after so long of searching, that I can be ME when I am with her.  The silly me, the goofy me and the little girl me.  She's still here, she's hiding inside and it took a gift from God to make her come out to play!  

So I am saying thank you Lord Jesus for allowing me to have a friendship with Shannon.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails