About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The One Year Choose Your Own Ending Devotions by Pioneer Clubs

The One Year Choose Your Own Ending Devotions by Pioneer Clubs was not what I expected it to be.  I was disappointed by the book actually.  The book is supposed to be devotions for kids for each day of the year, which it is.  Then it is called the Choose Your Own Endings and that sounds exciting.  
Here’s the catch, the stories that you can end yourself are very thin stories.  There aren’t enough stories there to catch what is going on to finish the store, in my opinion.  
The book has to be for older kids although, even though there wasn’t an age specified on it.  But my kids did not understand what to do with the stories.
I was also disappointed because the book says that it goes along with a Pioneer Club program.  To get the most out of each devotion it says to use the activity book that goes along with it for the club.  
I wouldn’t recommend this book to many people at all.  If there children were older and I thought maybe they would enjoy it without the other materials and still be able to build off of the stories, I might.

These are my ideas and in no way influenced by Tyndale.  Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails