About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Organized Kitchen

In my quest for healthier living I have been busy cleaning and organizing the last few days.  I started with my pantry and cleaned it out and rearranged everything.  I got rid of anything that had been in there for over a year and we never used and I know we won't.  I also kept a list of what I had in the pantry to make looking for recipe ingredients or shopping list needs easier.
I then moved into the kitchen and I went through all of the cupboards and drawers and rearranged and cleaned them.  I threw away a lot of stuff that I don't need and found a blender that I do need!  That was lucky!  I also made a list of what was in each drawer and cupboards.  I am going to label each according to the notes that I made.  All of the cupboards I am going to label C1, C2, etc.  And the drawers are D1, etc.  If we get the chance to go camping this summer, this list will make finding things easier for whomever I find to house sit for me.  Or, if Greg can't find something and I am not available, he can check the list!  lol
I made my own laundry detergent the other day also.  I am loving that!  I made my own deoderant, and it's the same spray that I use for anti-wrinkle spray for clothes.  It worked wonderfully well for me today!  

I have also been putting together a new household notebook.  It is really coming together and will hopefully help me to stay organized.  Wouldn't that be nice?!  Oh I would so like that.
I am going to type up my weekly cleaning list and type some homemade recipes that I am using.  I don't know if I will get to posting that tonight or not.  I have had a migraine today and I want to get my weekly menu made up also.  It's 7:45 now.  We'll see....
Anyways, right now I am going to go and check out some of my cookbooks and see what we are going to eat this week. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails