About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Monday, February 1, 2010

Parents and Drugs

The following letter appeared on the internet, evidently submitted by a concerned citizen.  

"The other day, someone at a store in town read that a methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in an adjoining county and he asked the rhetorical question, 'Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?'

I replied, 'I was drug to church on Sunday morning.  I was drug to church for weddings and funerals.  I was drug to family reunions and community socials.  I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.  I was drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of a teacher or preacher, or if I did not put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.  I was drug to the homes of family, friends and neighbors to help out by mowing the lawn, repair a faucet or chop wood.  Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say or think.  They are stronger than cocaine, crack or heroin: and if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.  God bless the parents who drugged us.'"



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails