About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Sunday, August 21, 2011

New Schedules

Disclaimer: The first 9 paragraphs also appear on my blog Teaching the Christian Way at Home.  I have added more to this blog post.

So many things are happening so quickly.  So our first week back to school was very messed up.  I should have waited to start this coming week. 

On Monday, things went pretty good considering that I had been so busy with things that I hadn't had time to get everything ready.  But I really wanted to get started, so I did.  Little did I know that I would get a phone call that afternoon from someone at the state office offering me a temporary job as an assistant.  They wanted to do the interview right away, so it was scheduled for the next afternoon. 

On top of all of that, my Father-in-Law was also having surgery to remove an aneurysm that was located in his neck.  It had caused a stroke already and was only only about 9% of a blood flow.  That surgery was scheduled for Thursday, but he had many appointments before then and my husband was helping him.  Our week was pretty much booked up with doctor appointments, surgeries and recoveries.

Tuesday dawned and I was busy most of the day and then went to my job interview.  I was given the job.  It's only for 3 months and I have no idea what I will be doing except handling paperwork and filing.  I am not really looking forward to this, but I have to do it.  She wanted me to start the next day, but I told her about the surgery and she agreed to wait and have me come in on Monday. 

Needless to say, there was no school done on Tuesday.

Wednesday was pretty much my last day to be horrifically lazy all day for a long time, so I took advantage of it and we didn't do anything but prepare for the surgery the next day.  No school was done.

Thursday dawned and we were already on our way to the hospital.  We were out of our house at about 6am so it was still dark when we left.  We were at the hospital for probably 10 hours and there was no school done on this day.

On Friday we knew that we were heading into the hospital at some point but we didn't know when.  I wanted to get a lot of the housework done before I start work tomorrow.  I did get a lot accomplished and that was nice.  But we didn't do any schoolwork.

We will just finish last week's schoolwork this week and not worry about it.  That's the beauty of homeschooling!

So today I have been busy getting my to do list all done so I have less to worry about during the week.  I have all of my clothes picked out for each day.  I have been preparing the house because I will have less time to clean it.  I've prepared the school week.  I have also created a schedule for myself and the kids to keep.  We have never been able to stick to a schedule....or should I say I have never been able to stick to a schedule.  This will be quite a challenge for me.  I could certainly use prayers for motivation and to help me keep my schedule.

I will be working Monday through Friday starting at 12pm and ending at 4pm.  I'm looking at a 40-50 minute drive each way, maybe more on the way home depending upon traffic that late.

If you're looking for an online calendar to use for you and your family, check out the calendars at Famundo.  There were so many options to create the calendar for my needs and to customize it the way that I like.  What I especially liked about it was that I could use a different color for each person in the family.  It makes it so much easier to do that.

It is 8:27pm now and I want to watch some Big Brother before I head to bed.  I've got to get up at 6am tomorrow.  I'm growing from Christian Homeschooling Wife and Mom to Christian Homeschooling Working Wife and Mom.  Wow....what a mouthful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails