About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Praying for Your Future Husband by Robin Jones Gunn & Tricia Goyer Book Review

Before I start gushing about the book, I want to explain why, as a married woman, I wanted to read it.  A couple of years ago, I found a Christian author online named Tricia Goyer.  I really don't remember how I found her, but it may have been on Facebook.  I just remember that I really liked her, right away.

I waited and waited for the Walmart near my house to get one of her books in.  I was looking for Love Finds You in Lonesome Prairie Montana which she wrote with Ocieanna Fleiss.  If you're interested in this book, check it out here. I had to go to another Walmart to finally find it.  I read that book and just fell in love.

I have been waiting for the chance to get another book that Tricia Goyer wrote, but have not been able to.  But here was my chance!  I had a chance to pick a book for a review from Multnomah books and one of my options was Praying for Your Future Husband by Tricia Goyer and Robin Jones Gunn.  So I grabbed the opportunity!

I also have an 8 year old daughter, who will one day be old enough to read this book and give her the basic principles for praying for her future husband.

Now onto the book gushing:

Praying for Your Future Husband was a book that was very hard to put down!  The first night I read 86 pages and stayed awake until nearly 1am trying to read as much as I could.  My eyes were so heavy that I thought weights were hanging from my lids.

I'm going to start with the appearance of the book so I can make sure to hit every part!

The cover was very catching and refreshing.  The young lady is in a field of wheat(?), soaking in the sun while praying under a blue summer sky.  Definitely a book that catches your eye!  I also loved the size.  It was very light and easy to fit in my purse.

The format and decorations of the inside were also very pleasing to my eye.    The pages have feminine touches on them and are extremely inviting.  How I would have loved to read this book when I was a young lady.  And what good it would have done me!

The book includes 12 chapters of different topics that a young lady can pray for her future husband.  I think all of these could also apply to older ladies who are still waiting.  The story of each author flowed from chapter to chapter as they touched upon topics such as praying for his heart, praying for protection, praying for strength, praying that he will be a God lover and praying for commitment.

Along with the personal touches that each author adds they have included a list in each chapter.  In the chapter Pray He Will Be a God Lover, for example, there is a list telling you exactly how to pray for that, like praying
that both of you will set your hearts and your affections fully on the Lord.
Each chapter also has testimonies from other women and prayers to recite to guide you along your praying journey.  At the end of each chapter there are discussion questions that can be answered in a group or used as personal enrichment.

This is a book that I rate with 5 stars and would personally recommend for any single woman, young or old, who are waiting for that special love to come into their life.  You can go directly to Tricia Goyer's website to order this book.

I was given this book to review with my honest opinion from Multnomah Books.  

2 comments:

Me said...

Great book review :) I didn't know this book existed but it may be what my daughter needs (don't know if she would think that she needs it though).

Does the book discuss why to pray for your husband or praying that you will actually find a husband?

Danielle Leigh said...

It teaches you how to pray for your future husband.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails