About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My New Books

Since my hubby was so nice to give me some money to buy a new book, I took myself to the book store today.  My hubby, who by the way, is not a reader, bought 4 books today!  Three for himself and one for his dad.  Why does that matter you say?  I bought myself 2 books.  He has never out-bought me at a book store!  lol  I was shocked to say the least.  And a couple of the books he bought he is very excited to try and read.  I was every encouraging after that.
So anyways, back to me!  I bought 2 new books today!  I was told of this cute little book store in Sumner called A Good Book and this is the 2nd time I've gone.  They have new and used books at very low prices.  Although, we did not spend "very low prices" today.  *ahem*  *looks at floor in shame*
Anyhow....back to what I bought!
I bought a book called The Book of Virtues by William J. Bennett.  I have a HUGE study to go along with this book and I can't wait to start it.  It's a 10 week character study.   
 

I also found a brand new book really cheap and I have never seen this book in all my time in a book store or library.  I don't know if it's because it's rare, of if I have just never ran across it any time.  I found it very odd that I just now found out there was a book.  It's The Neverending Story by Michael Ende.



I am very happy with both of these finds!  I can't wait to start that study with the kids.  I will probably start soon.
Hopefully I feel much better tomorrow and can start getting school and housework done.  I am going to try to finish that book tonight about the Baudelaire kids.  I have never had a book of this series take me this long but it doesn't feel like I've had much time to read.  I don't know.  After that I will probably be starting a book off of my Spring Reading Thing list next.  
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails