About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 6


FOR TODAY
Outside my window...the sky is gray, the wind is barely moving the limbs and flag, the ground is wet, water is dripping and I don't see any birds out there moving around.
I am thinking...that I wished I had gotten up when my alarm went off to get that precious hour or so by myself.  I really need that in the morning.
I am thankful for...my cat being home.
From the learning rooms...Today we will be reading about Jacob in the Bible and we also started a chapter book for young readers called Dinosaurs Before Dark by Mary Pope Osborne.  It is a great book.  We read chapter 1 yesterday and the kids loved it!  We are going to be learning about how things work in Science, like levers, pulleys, etc.  Then our regular subjects Math, Phonics and Reading.
From the kitchen...More dishes to do.  Greg needs to finish the job that he started also.
I am wearing...blue sweats, turquoise fuzzy socks, and a yellow shirt with blue flowers.
I am creating...recipe pages for the church cook book.  They want some extra pages like measure equivalents, substitutions and so forth.  They also want a design made for each category of dishes; main, appetizers, etc.
I am going...to go into town to cash Greg's check, the library and Safeway.  Oh I need to go to the post office too!
I am reading...Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand.  He is the founder of The Voice of Martyrs.  I am not very far into this book yet but it seems good.
I am hoping...I can keep my patience in check today. 
I am hearing...Mickey Mouse on tv, Kyle is talking to me and himself while playing with Play-Doh in the kitchen and Amanda mumbles something to Hemi every now and then.
Around the house...Today?  Mostly laundry folding, dish washing and picking up of the Living Room.
One of my favorite things...The Sun.  But where is it?  I am so ready for it to visit us here.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Amanda is spending the night at her friends house on Saturday night.  That will be interesting and I'm curious to see if she stays all night.  I will take Kyle down to Safeway to pick out a movie for himself to watch that evening.  I am not really sure about the rest of this week.  I don't think there are any plans yet.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...Amanda and Hemi, laying together.  Isn't that just the sweetest thing?  No wonder that cat came back home after he was injured so badly!  He loves Amanda!
If you liked this blog, please join the rest of us by clicking on the Simple Woman Daybook graphic above or follow this link:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails