About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Where are You planning on spending eternity?

Do you know where you will be going when you die?  Do you know how to get to Heaven?  Are you sure YOU are going to Heaven?  What does it mean to be saved and how do you know if you are?

There is one way and only way to get to Heaven.  His name is JesusHe died on the cross to save you from your sins.  You are a sinner.  You were born a sinner and you will always be a sinner.  

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.  Romans 3:23

Once you are ready to admit your sin and that you are a sinner, the next step is praying to the Lord Jesus Christ and accepting him as your Savior.  See here is the thing...God loves us all, we are His creations.  Jesus is God, and He loves us with an everlasting love.  Because of His overflowing love for us He wants us to spend eternity in Heaven with him.  In order for us to do that, we must accept that Jesus loves us, died for us and bore our sins, poured out his blood so that we can have the security of being with him in Heaven forever and ever.  If you would like the assurance of being forever with our Lord in Heaven, repeat this prayer.  (I copied this prayer from Inside The Revolution by Joel C. Rosenberg).

"Lord Jesus, thank You for loving me.  Thank You for haing a wonderful plan and purpose for my life.  I need You today--I know i need You to forgive me for all of my sins.  Thank You for dying on the corss to pay the penalty of my sins.  Thank You for rising again from the dead to prove that You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life and the only way to get to heaven.  Jesus, I confess right now with my mouth that You are the King of kings, and the Lord of lords.  And I velieve in my heart that God raised You from the dead.  And now I open the door of my heart and my life right now.  I receive You as my Savior and Lord.  Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life.  Please change my life.  Please fill me with your Holy Spirit.  Please take control of my life and make me the kind of person that You want me to be, so that I can serve You and please You forever.  Thank You so much.  I love You, and I want to follow You."
In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

After saying this prayer, you are forever a child of God.  You WILL BE in the House of the Lord, in Heaven with him for eternity.  God does not take back his word and you will go to Heaven.  You have to mean that prayer though, you can't just say it.  You must agree with that prayer with every fiber of your being and every beat of your heart.  You must agree and believe that Jesus died, on the cross, for YOU!

After you become a Christian, please know that your good works will not get you into Heaven.  God wants you to do good, because he desires that.  But doing good will not ensure your place in Heaven.  Jesus sacrifice and your acceptance of it does.

If you have more questions you can ask me.  There is a great book that explains all of the details of becoming a Christian and laying down the foundation of being a Christian.  I am currently reading this book and I am enjoying it.  Great book for new Christians and growing Christians and even mature Christians.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails