About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook End of March

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...well the sun is currently shining.  I wish it would stay out to shine!  This Spring has been all rain and so far only 3 days of sun.  That is not Spring!  I want my sun!!  Pleeeeeeeease!
I am thinking...That I really don't want to go into the chiropractor today.  I have to go in for a 2nd re-take of an x-ray.  I guess they say that a third time is a charm, so this should be the last time I have to go in for this!  I can not wait for this stupid trial to be over so I can move on with my life.
I am thankful for...being a child of God.  I love how He is here for me and how He gently leads me the direction that He wants me to go.  I am trying to patiently follow Him.
From the learning rooms...I am so excited about our new homeschool curriculum.  My friend from high school gave me the whole set of Hooked on Phonics program.  This is going to be so much nicer than using A Beka.  I will be so glad to be done with them.  Actually, I think that I am done with A Beka.  All I am using A Beka with now is math.  Next year I will be switching to a different curriculum.  Stinky and I are reading Barbie as The Island Princess together right now.  It's a chapter book and it's one that she can read for the most part.  Bubba and I are reading War of the Worlds, it's a condensed version for young readers.  We are still learning about birds and have until next week before we are done.
From the kitchen...hopefully there won't be much coming from the kitchen today.  I am not a kitchen woman unless I am eating!  lol  So today, all I will be doing in the kitchen is feeding people and washing dishes.
I am wearing...my pajamas....I know, that is my answer just about every week isn't it?!  But in fairness to myself this morning, it's only 7:41am and I have only been up for about 30 minutes.
I am creating...not too much right now.  I want to create some new tags, but I can't get my PSP to work for some reason.  It's irritating me!
I am going...Crazy!  It's a really short trip...just around the corner.   lol  Today is cash check and run errands day.  So I will be all over.
I am reading...Emma by Jane Austen.  It's an ok book.  It seems I read a lot of words that really don't go anywhere.  It is kinda hard to follow, but I am getting through it.  I think I remember the same things when I read Pride and Prejudice.  I want to hurry up and finish it though.
I am hoping...that people in my house will be in good moods this morning and not grumpy. 
I am hearing...just the buzz of the computer right now.  The kids actually stayed in their own bed all night.  It is kinda strange that both of them did the same night, usually only one at a time does.  So I really only hear my typing and the computer. 
Around the house...everything is still and quiet, just how I like it.  My favorite time of the day is the mornings.  I love to get up by myself, in the quiet, and drink my coffee while I spend the morning doing nothing.
One of my favorite things...my camera.  I have been taking it with me every time I leave the house.  I am waiting for a nice day to take the kids bird watching and get some pictures of some birds.
A few plans for the rest of the week: to keep my house picked up, to clean my bathroom and bedroom, and to make it through the week financially.  That is going to be extremely difficult in the next couple of weeks.  Please pray for me to make it financially the next couple weeks.  I am going to have VERY little money for food.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...This is Feisty riding on Greg's shoulder.  She really loves him.  It's funny.


If you liked this blog, you can join and read others like it here:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails