About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook May 11


FOR TODAY
Outside my window...is gloomy and gray.  The weekend was so beautiful and yesterday and today is not.  I am so ready for more than 2 days of Spring.  I have a feeling that we won't have a good summer.

I am thinking...that I am so happy that my house is clean and picked up, besides the bedrooms.  My children are getting along well this morning and playing nicely so far.  Hubby seems to be in a good mood, which is always good!  Life is good.

I am thankful for...my church family who accepts and loves me as I am; my new van; my children; my husband; my cats; books and my computer.

From the learning rooms...today we need to cover all of our subjects and hopefully tackle 2 lessons in math and phonics.  We are doing our study on birds right now.  It is very exciting for us!  If you'd like to read about our school stuff, you can check out my homeschooling blog called Teaching At Home in a Christian Way.

From the kitchen...My kitchen has been kept clean since Saturday.  There are minimal dishes to wash and that is about it.  We will be having salmon and baked potatoes for dinner tonight I think.

I am wearing...my pajamas.  I slept in this morning and so I am still lounging around drinking my coffee.

I am creating...plans for a science fair for some homeschooling children around in this area.  Mostly children that attend my church and are homeschooled, but someone mentioned inviting some other children I don't know and I think it would be great to spread it out!

I am going...crazy!  lol  No, actually, I'm already there.  I might be heading into town today to cash Greg's check and pay bills, but I'm not sure it will arrive today.

I am reading...a Christian series book called Candle in the Darkness by Lynn Austin.  This is the first book in the Refiner Series.

I am hoping...that today will go smoothly, very little arguing from children, NO fighting with hubby and get some things accomplished.

I am hearing...Stinky hum quietly to herself while making a playhouse in the kitchen, Bubba is talking to me here and there, and the washing machine is running.  Soon I will be hearing my new CD that the kids got me for Mother's Day.

Around the house...most everything is picked up and clean.  Now I need to keep it this way.

One of my favorite things...the sound of happiness and sigh of contentment in my house.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Tomorrow is the awards ceremony for AWANA.  Then I have the summer off.  I enjoy AWANA, but I also enjoy the summers off.  The rest of the week my only plans really is housework and school.  The same as always.  And church and Sunday school on Sunday.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
That is my silly Stinky right there, lol.  What a funny girl she is.


Mention my blog and offer a link back to the main page of my blog. http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails