About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Some of My Favorite Products

I found out the neatest thing this morning!  All of the wonderful uses for Dr. Bronner's Liquid Castille Hemp Soap.  I use the bars to make my laundry detergent, but you can also use the liquid.  I am definitely going to buy a larger bottle next time because there are so many uses for it.  I think that I am going to try it for a face cleanser once I run out of what I have.  You can make home made baby wipes with it, and that would work really well to make and wash my face with.  I will probably do it that way.  Then I could do that for the kids also and it would make face washing a lot easier.  It's also the perfect thing to take camping because you can use it for body soap, hand soap, shampoo, washing dishes, brush teeth and probably a few other uses.  I get so excited when I find out neat stuff like that.  I have found this at GNC, Fred Meyer's and Super Supplements.  Super Supplements was the cheapest and had more variety.


Currently my favorite beverage, besides coffee of course, to drink is water with ACV in it.  For you people who aren't familiar with ACV yet, it is Apple Cider Vinegar.  My friend has turned me on to Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.  It is the best!  I put a little bit in each glass of water that I drink.  I won't get bitten by too many mosquitoes this year!  I am going to put some into the cat's waters to help fight fleas also.  Now if I could just get the kids to take some each day, Kyle won't get bit by so many mosquitoes this summer.  I wonder if my cats will notice the taste?  Well if they don't like it they will drink it eventually when they get thirsty I suppose.  I gotta do more natural things and help save money.  This will do both.  I have found this at GNC, Fred Meyer's and Super Supplements.  Fred Meyer's had it for the cheapest price around here. 

One of my other favorite products is more vinegar.  White vinegar and apple cider vinegar.  I have been buying Heinz or generic brand for both of these.  I use the white vinegar for cleaning and laundry.  The apple cider vinegar I use to rinse out my hair after washing with baking soda.  I don't want to buy the Bragg's vinegar for this use because I don't want to spend the extra money on pouring the Bragg's into my hair and down the drain.  It is a bit spendier than Heinz.

I have found Baking Soda to be another new best friend.  Oh the uses of this.  Currently I use it to wash my hair, wash my laundry and brush my teeth.  There will be more uses coming soon....

Starbucks Breakfast Blend is my favorite coffee.  When I can't afford to splurge on Starbucks, I buy Folgers Breakfast Blend.  It is almost as good.  Even though I like strong coffee, and the breakfast blends are mild, I just love the flavor of them.

Since I have been doing things more natural lately, when I ran out of face moisturizer the last time, I went to Super Supplements to find a new one.  I found a rather inexpensive one and it is perfect for my skin and face!  It doesn't go on too think and make me oily, yet I don't feel the need to re-appy any more lotion after I use it.  That is the main test for me with face lotions and hand lotions.  If I fell like I have to re-apply lotion, it doesn't work to my satisfaction.  So my new awesome brand of face lotion that I like is Almond-Aloe Moisturizer made by Earth Science.  I am searching currently for a new hand lotion.  Maybe I need to go check out Super Supplements again for some hand lotion.  Oh I also need new chapstick. 

That is my current favorite products.  I guess it's my Have To Have list for the house right now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails