About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Monday, June 14, 2010

Reading on Flag Day

I finished another book today.  And what a great book it was!!  It was called In the Presence of my Enemies by Gracia Burnham.  What a touching and heartbreaking story.  I was crying at the end.  I certainly don't want to give any of it a way though. You have to read this for yourself.  Especially if you are interested in Missionaries.  It's just an incredible book and I give it 5 stars.

Next on my list to read is The Power of a Praying Wife and along with it The Power of a Praying Wife Prayer and Study GuideThe Power of a Praying® Wife Prayer and Study Guide (Power of Praying) by Stormie Omartian.  I loved reading her book The Power of a Praying Parent.  I think praying for my husband is something that I really need to learn how to do correctly, and I need to make myself do it more often.

I am also going to try a book that I have really never heard anything about.  I think I picked it up at Safeway for $1.  It is quite a thick book, it looks like the story is almost 1000 pages.  This book might take me a little while longer to read.  It's The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.  We'll see if I finish this book or not.  I am a little hesitant to read it, but the story sounds good.  I'll let you know....

I got out my Wii board today.  I haven't played my Wii Fit for a while.  So I got it out and played it and I have to say, I did quite awesome!  I scored 100% on push ups, lunges and the ab exercise.  Even though I am not doing much because of my neck, I am not losing that much of my strength.  Which is good because I can't afford to!

I am hoping that I will be able to buy the Wii Fit Plus game soon.  It has more options on it and looks like I'd like it better.  My friend Jessica has it and I'm going to borrow hers.  I also want to try a couple of them other exercise ones for the Wii board.  I need to get into better shape than I am.  I used to be in much better shape.  I have been slacking since the kids have been born and Greg is home all of the time.  It can be frustrating to have 2 children in your way and a husband walking by......



The other day, my Uncle Cary was in a motorcycle accident.   I am asking for prayers for him.  He has numerous fractures and a tear in his leg.  Today he under went 2 surgeries I think.  If you are the praying type and would like to pray with my family and I, please do.  If you would like to stay update on his recovery, please click "Like" at this Facebook page. 

Well I think I am ready to sign off for the evening.  I have some reading to do!!  I just love books.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails