About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Follow and Whatever

Friday Follow
Hello and welcome to my blog!  If you are a new follower from Friday Follow, please leave me a comment to let me know that you are a new follower!  It is easier for me to find your blog if you leave your link also.  
If you'd like to be a part of Friday Follow and get your blog out there, click on the button below:

I have a word to say about this Friday Follow thing.  I have seen some people say that they don't like it because they want to attract readers because of their blog content, not because people feel obligated to follow you through a blog hop.  Here is my opinion.  When I started blogging, I wanted to share with others.  I am not out to get millions of followers.  I just want my blog out there.  I want people to see it.  Maybe they will like it and want to follow me, and maybe they won't.  I think that is a decision that they need to make themselves after checking out my blog.  In a few weeks, I will be hosting this Friday Follow blog hop.  As one of the hosts for the week, my blog will be put in the #3 slot for EVERYONE to follow.  But here is my take:  ONLY FOLLOW ME IF YOU LIKE  MY BLOG.  Please don't follow me just because you feel obligated.  I don't want a number of readers who don't read my blog.  I want some followers that will share in my joys and trials with me.
Court
I didn't get called into court at all.  So it will have to be rescheduled again.  For me and my family, that means no vacation this summer.  Which is a HUGE bummer.  We really wanted and really NEED a vacation.  But the Lord knows best so I guess I will wait until He deems that it is the right time for us to go to court.  But I'm still bummed even if it didn't fit into God's plan right now.

  My Furry Felines
   My cats are definitely a huge part of our family.  We take such good care of our cats and they are so spoiled.  We really just can't help it!  It is a blessing to have such great companions.


And there they are....the cats of the Decker household.  Feisty is the oldest cat of the bunch.  She is about 8 years old.  She definitely lives up to her name.  It seems she is constantly hissing and growling at the other cats.  She thinks that it should be a one cat household.  Poor girl.  
Next is Tom.  This was the cat that we got for Stinky's birthday.  He is the biggest of the group at 12 pounds.  He's only 11 months though.  Still a baby.  He is meek and mild, but he puts up with the kitten so well!  They play and play together, which takes a load off of me from having to play with that kitten so much!
Solomon is our baby.  He is 2 months old and just as cute and sweet as can be!  Everyone adores him and spoils him.  He is a jumper!  Straight up or straight across!  It doesn't matter, he looks like a flying squirrel!  It cracks me up to watch him leap to everything.  It's nice to have a baby in the house to laugh at.
Books
 I have been cruising right through my Spring Reading Thing List.  I need to finish the book that I am on and I'll add one more book for one that I didn't read, and I am done!  I will have accomplished all of the books on my list!! 

I just looked at my Spring Reading Thing List and guess what?!? I am actually done with it!  I didn't know that I finished it.  Lol!  That is encouragement there!  Whew!
I am currently reading a great book about a missionary couple that was kidnapped in the Philippines.  It's called In The Presence Of My Enemies by Gracia Burnham with Dean Merrill.  I have only reached page 50 right now, but it's an engaging story.  Of course, you should be able to handle reading about people getting tormented and such, because it is a horrific story.  I just don't know that I could be a missionary and live with those sort of fears daily.  Lol I guess it's a good thing the Lord hasn't called me to be a missionary worker.  Well, at least not yet....I truly admire missionary people.  They are brave and courageous!  

Garage Sales
Tomorrow is the city wide garage sale in Orting.  I can't wait!!  I saved me some money to go check things out.  I am mostly looking for a desk for Stinky.  I need that!  Today I had heard that a couple of houses/neighborhoods had started early--today.  So me and the kids decided to check them out.  The early bird gets the worm right?  So I found a garage sale with shirts that were size S!  I never find shirts, or any clothes for that matter, in my size at garage sales.  Now before and of you become haters, let me add something here...**YES I AM SKINNY.  I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.  PLEASE REFRAIN FROM MAKING COMMENTS ABOUT HOW SKINNY I AM OR HOW I SHOULD STOP WHINING BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND CLOTHES TO FIT ME.  WHEN YOU MAKE COMMENTS LIKE THAT TO ME, IT'S THE SAME AS IF I SAID TO YOU "HEY, YOU'RE REALLY FAT!  I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FAT YOU ARE!  WOULD YOU MIND IF I SUCKED OFF SOME OF YOUR FAT TO PUT ON MYSELF?"**  Seriously ladies, I do not like comments made like that.  It's not that it hurts my feelings, but it puts me on the spot and embarrasses me.  
I was also lucky enough to find a garage sale that was selling 4, yes 4!, coffee warmer plates.  I already have one that sits at my computer, but I wanted another one to have at my end table.  This lady was selling them for 50 cents each!  So I bought 2!  lol
Stinky found a caboodle.  I laughed.  She thought it was really neat.  I still have mine from when I was a teenager.  Just too funny!!
I can't wait to see some of the things we will find tomorrow.  I am also going to bring my camera.  You never know what pictures you can take!

  Conclusion
I think this post is long enough.  If I had readers at the beginning I probably don't now!  I haven't blogged all week and I guess I had more to say than what I thought I did.  Oh well.  If I lose readers because of random and ongoing typing, I'm sorry. 

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails