About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Friday's Fave Five

To join in on the fun for Friday's Fave Five click here!  


My favorite things from this past week have been:


1.  First week of school is planned: I have so much fun planning school and I am doing little by little so I still have lots to plan for the year.  Otherwise I will find other things to plan.  It is one of my spiritual gifts. 


2.  Back to School Scavenger Hunt: I created a scavenger hunt of things that they are going to be learning about this year.  They had found everything within 20 min max so I need to make it harder next time I suppose.


3.  Marjory, My Coffee Friend:  My friend from church has been my coffee savior lately while things have been tough for me.  She brought me coffee as a gift on Sunday and I was so excited!  It's the little things that make me happy!


4.  A Friend's Salvation:  I have been taking my friend Jessica to church with me.  Her daughter accepted Jesus as her savior this summer during VBS and her son did it last year during VBS.  Jessica talked with my Pastor and Asst. Pastor on Sunday about getting saved, getting baptized and becoming a member of the church.  Jessica did get saved and now all 3 of them are going through the process of becoming a member of the church and they will get baptized.

5.  New Free Books:  I got The Devil in Pew Number Seven by Rebecca Nichols Alonzo from Tyndale books for free and I got What in the World is Going on? by Dr. David Jeremiah free from Booksneeze.com.  After I read these books I am expected to write a book review and post it on my blog and another website they give you to choose from.  After I am finished reading Memoirs of a Geisha, I will start with The Devil in Pew Number Seven first.






















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails