About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Friday, August 6, 2010

This Blog Brought to You by Friday Follow, Fridays Five Fave and The Color Green

Good morning Friday Followers and Friday's Fave 5 friends.  What better way is there to start a blogging morning out with those two?!  I have put a little twist on the Friday's Fave 5 this week though.  Instead of listing my favorite 5 things this past week, I am going to list my 5 favorite green things.  Because I am blogging every day this month for NaBloPoMo and the theme is GREEN so I thought I'd try to do that today.  

1.  Trees: I just love trees.  All sorts of trees.  They stand so tall and stately, a picture of how Jesus wants me to stand.  Strong and rooted, in His love.  Able to stand the storms and reach higher and higher for the Son.  My favorite trees are the ones that spread out like a canopy, their leaves covering me like a green blanket from nature.  God's fingers and hands, lightly sheltering me from the heat of the hot sun, or the pour of the rain.  Those trees make the perfect kind of play houses for kids also!


2.  Spinach: I am not a fan of salad, because I don't care for lettuce that is white, light green or watery.  But give me a bowl of fresh spinach greens and Mmmm mmmm good!!

3.  My blanket: I have a blanket that is a light green color to match the walls in my Living room.  I love fuzzy blankets, which this is.  And it is large so it is easy to wrap myself up in, nestle onto the couch and stay warm and cozy in it.  It is perfect for Summer evenings when all I need is a light covering and perfect on the cold Winter days when I want to be warm.  

4.  Frogs: Frogs are interesting little creatures.  I have done some reading on them and they are all differently weird.  lol  Frogs are just cute.  I love to catch them!  I also like the saying for FROG, Fully Rely On God.  And that's all I've got to say about that.  And of course, my favorite frog is Kermit!



5. Leaves:  I know that I mentioned trees already, but I really like leaves too.  Some of my favorite leaves are Hostas leaves.  They are so big, bold and beautiful.  To me, many leaves are more eye pleasing than flowers.  Big Maple leaves are fun to collect and do projects with or rake into a pile for the kids to jump into.  I also like traveling, crawling, clinging leaves like ivy.    


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails