About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Friday, August 20, 2010

My Marriage

Good morning!  Today I am joining a marriage meme done by an author that I like.  Her name is Tricia Goyer and she is a Christian author.  I have read one of her books and I really liked it.  I have been following her on twitter and am friends with her on facebook for most of the year.  I love to follow her pictures and updates of their sweet little baby Alyssa and her older kids adventures back at home.
This morning Tricia has posted a marriage meme for us to join.  If you'd like to join in on this click here.  And by linking up with this meme you will be entered into a drawing to win copies of books called Generation NeXt Marriage and Generation NeXt Parenting on August 27.


  • How did you meet your husband? When I was 19 my parents had moved across the state.  I stayed here for a bit, then went back with them.  I had come back to visit my best friend and her boyfriend.  Greg was her boyfriends cousin and we met that night.
  • What did you first notice about him?   He was incredible sexy.
  • How long have you been married? We've been married for 12 years this November.
  • Share something you discovered about him after you were married that surprised you?  We weren't saved Christians when we got married and we had already been living together for a couple of years.  So I don't really remember what I learned after we were married.
  • What do you argue about the most?   Money.
  • What quality in him do you admire most?  How willing he is to help others.
  • What is the hardest part about being married?  Giving up the thought that I can do whatever I want because I am an adult.  Being married means working together and supporting each other. 
  • What’s the best part about being married?  The security.  I am so glad that I am not part of the dating world.  What a mess that is!
  • What has changed the most about you since you've been married?  I have become a saved Christian and learned many ways to be a good wife.  I try to implement those ways daily.
  • What’s the one piece of advice you’d give to other wives about creating a happy marriage?  I am going to sound very old fashioned here but this is what I truly believe.  To make a happy marriage a wife must look to the Lord and the Bible for how a wife needs to be.  Proverbs 31 is a great example to show what a woman's priority should be.  I think it is very important to follow God's laws and wishes for marriage to have a happy one.
  • What's the one peice of advice you'd give to your children about creating a happy marriage?  It's not all about you!

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails