About Me

My photo
WA, United States
I home school my kids, highly involved in my church, love to read, drink tea, and design tags.

Books I am reading now

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Verse of the Day

Monday, August 16, 2010

Grilled Paninis at Home


Tonight I needed to find a way to use up some ham lunch meat that we had left in the fridge that someone gave to us.  I love to get grilled paninis at Safeway and I happened upon a recipe in my cookbook for just that!  Was that lucky or what?
I got this recipe from Kraft Food & Family magazine which I used to get in the mail all of the time.  I haven't received one for quite a while....I wonder why.  But I didn't do it quite the way they suggested, so really, they only gave me the idea.  And I bet mine turned out better the way I did it!
Sourdough bread (1/2" thick)
Mayo
Ham lunchmeat
American cheese
I added spicy dijon mustard and turkey to mine.
Pre-heated George Foreman Grill or other sandwich griller machine
 
Spread butter on the underside of a piece of bread. On other side spread mayo, spicy dijon, and add cheese, turkey and ham.  Put the top piece of bread on and spread butter on the top, outside.  Put into grill.  It took about 5 minutes or so to grill, each one going faster than the next.  

There are many variations that you can do with this.  Bacon on it would be really good.  With another cheese, maybe Swiss.  Or Harvarti!  Mmmmm I'm getting hungry again!  
I don't usually blog about food, but I just had to share this recipe tonight.  It is so easy to get something really nummy!
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails