Friday sure seemed to get here quick this week. And Monday being a holiday didn't have any effect on me since hubby nor I work, and the kids homeschool. It was just another day. But a fast week. What was good this week? What were my blessings? Let's take a look:
1. Monday we didn't have school to visit with stepdaughter before she went home and Tuesday I had bad kidney stone pains so there wasn't school that day either. I am thankful that we got all caught up on Wednesday and Thursday. I am trying really hard to stick to my schedule this year, especially since I wrote the whole plan. I really didn't want to get behind already, in my 3rd week! And I didn't. Today I only have to do today's lesson plans. I don't have any catching up to do.
2. I finally got my PC counter/desk organized. See, my pc is actually on my kitchen counter. I didn't want to run cable through my house, or pay extra for the cable guy to do it, so I put my pc where I could plug it into the cable. So half of my desk, is the kitchen counter. It gets messy up here with my piles of paper. Along with being a huge list maker, I am also a pile maker. :-) My piles on my desk can get pretty high. We're talking, Tower of Babel high. I don't know how my hubby stands it honestly....Anywho, yesterday I got almost all of it picked up and cleaned off. There are a few things left that I will finish today. I love it when I have more room to make more piles!
3. The other day while my kidney was hurting so badly, my hubby was itching to get out of the house, while I was not. He decided to take the kids to the fish hatchery. I was thankful for him doing that while I was in so much pain. I don't like to be in that much pain around the kids. It scares them too much. And that was a nice way for them to get their minds off Mommy being hurt.
4. I am thankful this week for my cousin, Amber. She works for a urologist and has told me over and over that if I need to get in, her Dr. will get me in. That is good for me to know! Now, I'm really hoping that I won't need to go in. And last night, things were
5. Today is my little sister's birthday. It is also the birthday of Pastor's wife, and my adopted Mom, Jackie. These two ladies are so special to me. They stand behind me and support me. My sister is an amazing woman who I have literally watched grow up into such a good person. And Momma Jackie is my strong hold, when I dare to give in and have one. I always can come to her with a problem or a question.
Thank you for reading my favorite things for this week. I am also blessed by all of my readers! My purpose with my blog was to get out there and meet other women and offer them words of encouragement or just simply something to read. I love you all! Without you, I'd just be writing in my diary!