Books I am reading now
Verse of the Day
Monday, September 27, 2010
This morning I came across Mishmash Maggie's post and since I like to answer these type of questions I am going to! lol So here we go.....
1. What is your favorite Bible verse? How did it become your favorite? (If you don’t have a single favorite, please share one of your faves.)
My favorite Bible verse? That is a hard one. But I think the one that keeps me going the most is Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengtheneth me." It helps me to remember that He won't send me anything that I can't handle. I might just have to lean on Him to help me handle it. Which is the reason for some of my troubles I think anyway. To teach me to cling to Him and no one or nothing else!
2. What is currently on your nightstand? I dump my heart and brain on my nightstand... what's on yours??
I currently am using my end table for a nightstand because my water bed heater broke and I can't stand to sleep on that freezing bed! So I moved out to the couch. So on my end table is a popcorn bucket with Leapster and Nintendo DS games and the kids' library movies. There is also chapstick and hair ties in the bucket for me. I have my glass of ACV water, my alarm clock and my coasters with Bible verses on them. I also have a candle warmer that I use to keep my coffee warm when I am sitting there. At night when I go to bed my book, glasses and hanky is there for me.
3. What place have you not traveled to but would like to? Why?
I would love to travel to Europe and see the old castles in Scotland, England, Ireland and everywhere else. That is my dream vacation.
4. What is your favorite snack?
Usually anything with salt! Potato chips are usually my first choice. Nachos are my absolute favorite!
5. Why motivates you to blog?
To share my story with others, maybe I can help them or let them know the problems they are facing are being faced by others. I also want to share my love for my family and Jesus. This is my way to witness to others because I don't like going door-to-door.
6. Which person from the Bible (besides Jesus) are you most looking forward to meeting?
I think, at this moment, it changes you know, that I would like to meet Moses. He was such a strong leader and love God, was so close to Him. I would ask him what it was like walking through the Red Sea, how awesome was it to be in God's tender care while He was making the Egyptians miserable and the awe that he felt at the burning bush.
7. What brings out the best in you... what brings out the worst?
People who are inconsiderate bring out the worse in me. I just can't stand it! I think Jesus brings out the best in me. It is through Him that I find happiness and peace.
8. What characteristic of God are you the most grateful for?
His everlasting love. To know that whatever wrongs I do, He still loves me. He still yearns for me. He still is in my corner rooting for me!
Now it is my turn to list questions. I am not going to list other bloggers to tag because they rarely participate and if you want to do this, you will anyway! So please if you decide to answer my questions, please come back here and put your link for it in the comment box!
1. When you have free time, all to yourself, what do you do?
2. If you could choose one question right now to ask God and have Him answer it now, what would it be?
3. If you could go to school for something or learn something new and money was no object, what would you choose?
4. Do you have any specific Bible verses that you pray over your husband or children?
5. What is one thing that you love to have or do now that you really should have outgrown? For example, I love crayons and to color! lol
6. When you feel troubled is there something that comforts you? Is it a material object like a fuzzy blanket or one of those stress stones? Or do you turn to someone for comfort?
7. What is your favorite time of the day and why?
8. Do you have a comfort food and what is it?